The benefit of having 1,000 notes in the cloud is that you can keep lists on the most esoteric shit imaginable. Some of my note (/list) titles include:
- Shirt size. A note that has the size shirt I wear.
- Quotes. Funny/stupid things my friends say.
- Thoughts. See next paragraph.
- Likes and dislikes. A consummate list of things I do and do not like, as featured in numerous previous blogs
- New kid pranks. Pranks we might play on the next person hired at Bonanza (j/k we never play pranks)
- Blog posts. A long list of topics I intend to blog about (this post not included )
One of my favorite notes is the “Thoughts” note, which, quite shockingly, contains an assortment of thoughts. Some of them are neat stuff like “Ideal legacy: he had good ideas that helped me. He listened & he cared.”
It takes an unreasonable degree of diligence to compile enough lists that you have a list upon which to brainstorm your legacy. I didn’t know that was the list I was creating, but it happened. As I’ve grown wiser , I’ve increasingly abandoned the blah-blah of journaling for the precision of storing memory in thousands of interconnected online notes that augment my biological memory space.
With greater memory comes greater ability to collect anything important you discover at whatever moment. With sufficient organization, the sum of these notes get boiled down to a pulpy substrate that is the essence of what matters to you.
At that point, you need merely spend your life acting in harmony with the highfalutin vision of whatever you wish to embody. Take care with that.
 Blog posts I intend to write… real soon:
- How much smarter do you get each year?
- NFL draft coverage is an awful thing. Total speculation, no substance
- The creative process is where the action is (Paul Graham, DCFC article)
- Why am I told to trust Dennis Bounds?
- Our privacy depends upon our luck with not being attacked by terrorists
- Why do baseball umpires exist?
- Worst human: Donald Trump vs Floyd Mayweather
Stop calling Kobe clutch
- Stores that don’t clearly differentiate between men’s/women’s clothing suck
- Our water is perfect, as is our accent
- On physical abnormalities and what movies have taught us
- Who wants a disease named after them?
- Hatred bonds
- Visualization of what mortality rates mean. Explains why few people I know die, relatively
- Bird of prey of the day
- How much medical research time is spent on brain cancer vs alopecia?
- The more mental states, the better the creativity